FC Dallas 3, Chicago Fire 1 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
FC Dallas showed why they’re in first place.
On Saturday night at Toyota Stadium, Dallas coasted to a 3-1 win over the Chicago Fire, extending their home unbeaten streak to 11 games while handing Chicago their third straight loss.
Carlos Gruezo put the home side in front midway through the first half with a great one-time shot of a Reggie Cannon cross, before Kellyn Acosta doubled their lead in the 74th minute just five minutes after coming in.
But Brandt Bronico at least offered a glimmer of positivity for the Fire with his first MLS goal in the waning minutes.
- 27' — DAL — Carlos Gruezo WATCH
- 74' — DAL — Kellyn Acosta WATCH
- 81' — DAL — Reto Ziegler (PK) WATCH
- 86' — CHI — Brandt Bronico WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: FC Dallas bounced back from a tough loss at Real Salt Lake to extend their lead in the Western Conference, take home the Brimstone Cup and even earn a franchise milestone with its 300th win. The slumping Fire will likely want to quickly forget about this one and turn their attention to their upcoming U.S. Open Cup game.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Just four minutes after the Fire went down a man, Acosta all but iced the game with a rocket from outside the box.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Gruezo scored his second goal of the season and put in a strong shift for Dallas before exiting in the 69th minute.